MAHILA SHAKTI KENDRA
Divya Disha is looking for competent candidates for the post of Women Welfare Officer (01) under Mahila Shakti Kendra to work in the District level center for Women.
About Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme. (MSK).
“Mahila Shakti Kendra” is meant to provide “one stop convergent support services for empowering rural women with opportunities for skill development, employment, digital literacy, health and nutrition” a new sub-scheme namely Mahila Shakti Kendra (MSK) under the Umbrella Scheme Pradhan Mantri Mahila ShashaktikaranYojana (PMMSY) has been approved for implementation during 2017-18 up to 2019-20.The Scheme will provide an interface for women to approach the government for availing their entitlements and for empowering them through awareness generation, training and capacity building.
MSK is envisaged to work at various levels. While, National level (domain based knowledge support) and State level (State Resource Center for Women) structures will provide technical support to the respective governments on issues related to women, the District and Block level Centers will provide support to MSK and also give a foothold to women empowerment schemes including BBBP.
About Divya Disha
Divya Disha is a Non-Governmental organization* that uses rights based approach in our work with children and young people. We’d like to let you know more about us. We are an independent association and work with and for children and young people regardless of their religion, caste, race, ethnicity or gender. We work on the streets, in communities and schools primarily in the urban and rural regions of Telangana state.
Women Welfare Officer:
No.of Position: – 01
Salary:- Rs. 35000/- per month.
- Create relevant and updated information bank/repository on government schemes, programmes and services (details of schemes like the eligibility criteria, documentation requirement, processing time, benefits, facilitating delivery, tracking status of applications etc).
- DLCW will serve as a link between block/village and state level in implementation of PMMSK scheme and give foothold to BBBP Scheme.
- DLCW will coordinate and supervise the activities of the Student Volunteers at the block/village level.
- Identify problems faced by women while applying for various government schemes, document the cases and report to relevant fora including DCs office/PRIs to resolve the same.
- Organize meetings where issues affecting convergence efforts at various levels including inter departmental convergence can be addressed. Other social, economic factors affecting women’s empowerment can also be brought to the forum.
- Prepare a district level plan incorporating the deliverables based on the objectives of the programmes/schemes of Ministry of Women and Child Development, time frame for implementation and local context.
- Will be responsible for monitoring of schemes/programs, training of functionaries etc.
- Will create and maintain database of schemes/programmes being implemented in the district with emphasis on women.
- Will report the progress of activities to SRCW (State Resource Center for Women) on a monthly basis.
- Any other activity assigned by the State Government/ Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Required qualification / skills for Women Welfare Officer – DLCW ( District level centre for Women )
· Masters in the field of Humanities &Social Science/Masters in Social Work with understanding of
schemes/programs implemented with focus on women.
· Capable of communicating in the local language/dialect and effectively liaison with district officials.
· Previous experience of working with civil society organisations.
· Proficiency with computers for report writing and MIS.
· Maximum age limit of 35 years.
· Preferably women and resident of same district.
send your Resume/CV/Bio data to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org